Prayer Points for the Worldwide Weekend of Prayer and Fasting International Weekend of Prayer and Fasting for the Addicted — April 14 -15, 2007
CLEARWATER, Fla., Mar. 14 /Christian Newswire/ — The weekend of April 14th – 15th, 2007 has been designated as the 17th Annual Worldwide Weekend of Prayer and Fasting on behalf of the addicted and their families. This event is sponsored by the “Just Pray NO!” nonprofit corporation. We are not only praying for the release of those bound by gambling and obesity. Empowered and directed by God the Spirit, the body of Christ should pray to God the Father in the name of Jesus Christ for the following specific prayer points:
- Pray that the Holy Spirit brings conviction of sin, righteousness and judgment to those bound by addiction. (John 16:8-11)
- On behalf of the addicted, break every stronghold, demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God. Pray that their every thought be taken captive in obedience to Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:5)
- Pray that our fast will be pleasing to God and will set the oppressed free and break every yoke of addiction. (Isaiah 58:6)
- Pray that the addicted will seek after God with all of their heart, soul, mind and strength (Deuteronomy 4:29) and will place their trust in Jesus Christ as both Savior and Lord.
- Pray that those who are enslaved to carnal desires will be set free and instead hunger and thirst for the Word of God and the righteousness of Christ. (Deuteronomy 8:3; Matthew 6:33)
We are again seeking individuals and groups which are willing to commit to pray weekly on behalf of the addicted and their families, and then join with millions of other committed Christians from around the world in prayer and fasting during the weekend of April 14th – 15th, 2007.
If you believe that God is calling you to intercede for the addicted please contact us. To learn how groups can participate in our annual prayer event, or find help for addiction through prayer and Christian ministries log on to our web site: http://justprayno.org or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an interview with “Just Pray NO!” Founder and Author Steven L. Sherman call: (727) 647-6467 or email: email@example.com